Saint-Gaudens to Plateau de Beille – 168.5 km
- Km 26.5 – Col de Portet-d’Aspet (1 069 m) – 4.3 km climb to 9.7 % – Category 2
- Km 62.5 – Col de la Core (1 395 m) – 14.1 km climb to 5.7 % – Category 1
- Km 94.0 – Col de Latrape (1 110 m) – 5.6 km climb to 7.2 % – Category 2
- Km 109.0 – Col d’Agnes (1 570 m) – 10.0 km climb to 8.2 % – Category 1
- Km 118.0 – Port de Lers (1 517 m) – 3.8 km climb to 5.5 % – Category 3
- Km 168.5 – Plateau de Beille – 15.8 km climb to 7.9 % – Category H
Todays stage is either up or down. Up only will give 5500m or 16,000ftof climbing. Their might be a foot or two at the top of one of the climbs but other than that its either climbing or decending. This stage is going to be the first major test for all the favourites. Whoever is together in the final today will likely be fighting it out on the road to Paris, As was said yesterday the peleton seems to be quite fatiqued and today will show who is really suffering and who is playing the waiting game up until now.
On days like today the riders will be up in the 8,000 – 10,000kilocal range so it id vital that they eat and drink regulary during the stage and also that they start the recovery process before the end of the stage by getting some protein bars in.
You can view the telemetry for a number of riders live!
Juan Antonio Flecha’s SRM Data
Total Time = 3:55
Average Power = 265 Watts. Avg Normalized Power* = 330
Avg HR = 129
Max HR = 163
Mean Maximal 1-minute power = 558w
Max Maximal 5-minute power = 460w
Mean Maximal 20-minute power = 381w
Avg Cadence = 82 rpm
Avg Speed = 23.9mph
Click https://www.trainingpeaks.com/sw/VTXPKSTYUYCHXSKEBJ5K4WHP2U to view Juan Antonio Flecha’s Full SRM Data File from Stage 13