Gap to Pinerolo – 179 km
- Km 71.5 – Côte de Sainte-Marguerite – 2.8 km climb to 7.4 % – Category 3
- Km 85.5 – La Chaussée (montée de Briançon) – 1.4 km climb to 8.3 % – Category 3
- Km 96.5 – Col de Montgenèvre (1 860 m) – 7.9 km climb to 6.1 % – Category 2
- Km 117.0 – Sestrières (2 035 m) – 11.1 km climb to 6.3 % – Category 1
- Km 171.0 – Côte de Pramartino – 6.7 km climb to 6 % – Category 2
You can view the telemetry for a number of riders live!
Today’s stage rises all the way to Sestrieres at 117km and then the riders enjoy a 50km spin Villar Perosa where they start the final climb up to Cote de Pramartino before the final descent to the finish. I’m sure we will see another breakaway group today. Maybe Jeremy Roy can finally get a stage win.
The main contenders will again be watching each other today and the prediction for the finish is that they will all finish in close proximity of each other. As the tour moves closer to the Individual Time Trial (TT) it’s quite worrying for the like of the Schlecks’s, Basso, Contador and Sanchez not to be putting more of an effort in to try to put some time into Evans. The final TT is of a rolling nature an is by no way suited to the climbers. When Evans gets into his rhythm and with his TT power he will put minutes into these guys and with the other contenders being already up to 2 minutes for Basso there is no hope. It’s looking like Evan’s year, I think all his bad luck has been used up and it’s payback time for him.
Todays weather is 18C at the start an 27C at the finish with a drop to 8C at altitude and some slight mist. It’s promised a dry day with little wind.
L’Equipe and a few other papers this morning have announced that Kolobnev’s B-sample is positive which will earn him a sacking by his team and probably a police raid on the team bus/hotel, his home and a lot more hassle. Katusha also fine their riders a multiple of 5 times their salary if the give a positive.
Juan Antonio Flecha’s SRM Data
- Total Time = 3:45
- TSS = 266
- KJ= 4029
- Average Power = 297 Watts. Avg Normalized Power* = 353
- Avg HR = 135
- Max HR = 171
- Mean Maximal 1-minute power = 614w
- Max Maximal 5-minute power = 469w
- Mean Maximal 20-minute power = 397w
- Avg Cadence = 87 rpm
- Avg Speed = 26.5 mph
Click here for Juan Antonio Flecha’s full SRM Data file: