Connect on Training Peaks
Ironman University Coach
Clinic by Appointment OnlyContact No: +353 87 2453114Clinic is by appointment only and appointments can be booked from 07.00-22.00 Monday to Friday and we are available on weekends when not at events or competition.
Join 11,390 other subscribers
Join us on Facebook
The Athlete Clinic on Twitter
- RT @CyclingIreland: Cycling Ireland is seeking to recruit a full-time Development Coach to strengthen our pathway for aspiring riders. The… 2 days ago
- RT @PessLimerick: 📢Conference Announcement📢 📈Are you interested in Sport Innovation? If so, don't miss out on the upcoming Cutting Edg… 4 days ago
- RT @PessLimerick: The 1st 𝗖𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗖𝘆𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗲𝗯𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗿 takes place next Tuesday 7th March! 🚴♀️ The webinar will be delivered by PE… 2 weeks ago
- RT @CyclingIreland: Coaching Females in Cycling Webinar Understanding, accepting and accommodating for individual differences in athletes… 3 weeks ago
- Looking forward to women in sport week. Check out this free webinar cyclingireland.ie/news-item/coac… 3 weeks ago
- Protected: Project Development Review April 27, 2021
- Protected: December 13, 2020
- Your Cycling Home Trainer Handle March 21, 2020
- Time to mix up your day at work with a few of these simple little tips. Why not print this off and pin it on your work station so you can tag off each tip you complete as your day progresses. After 30 days of doing this you will form habits that might last forever. May 11, 2019
- Seven secrets to preventing hamstring injuries April 15, 2019
- Ladies, Lets get Physical! January 22, 2019
- Nutrition Timing for Athletes November 24, 2018
- The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time. June 24, 2018
- Garmin Forerunner 35 €179.00 Limited Stock February 15, 2018
- Approved Garmin Dealer December 15, 2017
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Womens Winter Training Schedule
On the back of the success of the Galway Baybes and our association with women’s cycling we have decided to add a specific women’s only cycling development program to our 2017/18 winter schedule. Each week the program will focus on … Continue reading
Your Metabolism & Weight Loss
You’ve probably heard people blame their weight on a slow metabolism, but what does that mean? Is metabolism really the culprit? And if so, is it possible to rev up your metabolism to burn more calories? It’s true that metabolism … Continue reading
Massage Therapy Attenuates Inflammatory Signaling After Exercise-Induced Muscle Damage.
Massage therapy works in many ways to relieve stress, alleviate muscle pain, and otherwise promote good health and well-being. A recent study, revealed new information about why massage after training helps relieve muscle soreness and inflammation. The culprit is not lactic acid, but … Continue reading
Fat ‘v’ Carbohydrate percentages burned during training
Here is a handy little chart for you guys. As our intensity increases during training the ratio between Fats and Carbohydrates (F/C) burned changes. So from 100:0 F/C is easy to 0:100 F/C is 100% Threshold. RQ Carb % Fat … Continue reading
Whats happens when you train?
Training is used to equip the body for one’s goal. If one’s goal is track sprinting then the training and conditioning required for this will be vastly different to that of lets say Chris Froome who’s goal is a Tour … Continue reading
What we do!
At The Athlete Clinic we believe that there is a correct way to train for one’s goal. Be that a fun run or a world championship event, it starts with having a clear goal, developing your relationship with your coach, performing … Continue reading
Protein ingestion before sleep improves postexercise overnight recovery.
Source: Protein ingestion before sleep improves postexercise overnight recovery.
Tour de France Live Rider Data Tracking
Tour de France Live Data Here
Top 10 Tips for the Cyclist or Endurance Athlete
Originally posted on The Athlete Clinic:
1. Under & Over Hydration Both under & over hydration will lead to hyponatremia through different processes. Research has suggested 500-750 mil/hr will deal with most athletes needs under general conditions. Remember that both…
Combined Glucose Ingestion and Mouth Rinsing Improves Sprint Cycling Performance
This study investigated whether combined ingestion and mouth rinsing with a carbohydrate solution could improve maximal sprint cycling performance. Twelve competitive male cyclists ingested 100 ml of one of the following solutions 20 min before exercise in a randomized double-blinded … Continue reading