Here are a few little tips to improve your recovery after training hard.
- At the end of your workout slow down to a Low Intensity. Don’t stop but ease down in your effort and allow lactic acid to clear. In cold weather it’s advised to put on another layer to keep warm, like your rain jacket for instance. Pull over throw on the rain cape and spin a light gear home.
- Before you go out on your training session you should weight yourself in your birthday suit. Then when you get back from training weight yourself again. For every Kilo difference you should replace that with water. Replacing these Lost Fluids is most important. And for those of you who think your loosing hugh amounts of weight forget it. 4000 cals = 0.45kg in fat burned
- In the last 30 mins of your training try and get some Protein consumed. This will start your recovery earlier. A protein bar or something you might have prepared and kept in your back pocket is a good start.
- Have a Massage. Read up on how to self massage with a foam roller. This will improve recovery and help you relax.
- Eat Early when your finished your training. The sooner you can get food into your system the better your recovery will be. Remember to get the carb-protein ratios correct.
- Sleep Well. Try and get as much sleep as possible even a quick nap for 10-15 minutes will start Growth Hormone release. Make sure you get that 8-10hr per night
- Having a nice bath. But make sure that this bath is full of ice. Some athletes find that the Ice Bath improves recovery and reduces (DOMS) delayed onset muscle soreness.
The last three 8, 9, & 10 along with many more world class Recovery methods we keep for our Elite Athlete Coaching Programs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.